MGVCA Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame Induction: Sunday October 19, 2014
It is with great pleasure that the MGVCA HOF Committee announce the class of 2014 Hall of Fame Inductees (List). The MGVCA HOF Committee has moved the venue of the Hall of Fame induction ceremony to the beautiful Granite Links in Quincy MA in order to provide the opportunity for more member/guests to be able to attend this prestigious event. If you would like more information or a ticket, please contact co-chair Robin Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Board of Governors is extending an invitation to former inductees to attend this years brunch/ceremony at a special discounted rate. If you are member of any of the previous classes and have an interest in attending this years' induction ceremony please contact Robin Lee.
Tickets are limited, please contact Robin by August 31st.
The Massachusetts Girls' Volleyball Coaches Association established its Hall of Fame in the fall of 1999. The inaugural inductees were introduced before the Division I State Championship match at Eastern Nazerene College (Quincy, MA) and new candidates will be inducted every two to three years. A permanent plaque honoring all Hall of Fame inductees is displayed at the Volleyball Hall of Fame in Holyoke, MA.
Hall of Fame Committee
Robin Lee and Rob Slavin, Co-chairs
Tom Turco, Al Mirabile, Denise Levesque, Joe Reardon, Rob Mahoney and Michelle Hopkinson
Criteria (three required) for Potential Candidates
- Must be coaching high school volleyball for a minimum of 15 years (50% or more in Massachusetts)
- A coach who is retired with a minimum of 10 years head coaching experience in Massachusetts
- The nominee has made a significant impact on the development of high school volleyball in it early years
- Three hundred wins have been recorded (girls volleyball only)
- Nominee was a MGVCA member while coaching
- The nominee has made contributions to volleyball outside the regular season
Any member of the MGVCA may nominate a retired or current coach who meets three or more of the above criteria. Please print and mail the nomination form for this purpose.